EVIDENCE OF SUCCESS
Academic learning and sports education are complementary to each other. Both are necessary for the overall development of the students. Sports activities make students organized as well as disciplined. It inculcates in them qualities of leadership, tolerance, sharing, and team spirit. It also increases their self-confidence and work capability. In today’s world girls need to be smart and physically fit. By taking up various sports and games and learning self-defense techniques they can protect not only themselves but others also the government provides job opportunities to sportspersons. Two students of college have been selected in Indian Air Force on the basis of games. More efforts in this direction can certainly provide students more job opportunities.
- Sports Achievements: Year 2017-2018
- AtDistrict level Hockey Championship held at Kurukshetra the team got first position.
- At District level Khel Mahakhumb organized at Kurukshetra the team won Silver Medal, in Kho-Kho we received Silver Medal, in Wrestling tournament the students won a Gold Medal and a Silver Medal, in Judo students won a Gold Medal and a Silver Medal, in Athletics students won 1 Gold, 2 Silver and, 1 Bronze.
- In 55th Annual Athletics Meet organized by KUK, 15 students participated and 4 students received Silver Medal and a Bronze Medal in relay race.
- In Senior State Women Hockey Tournament at Hisar Hockey team received Bronze Medal.
- In Inter College Women Tournament and Inter College 5’s (5 sides) Women Hockey Tournament at KUK, team received Gold Medal.
- 12 students participated in North Zone Inter University Hockey Championship and secured 4th position and qualified for All India University Tournament.
- In Inter College Cycling Championship at KUK team received bronze Medal. In All India Indoor Hockey Championship at Patiala students secured 3rd position.
- Sports Achievements: Year 2018-19
- In the Inter-University Hockey Tournament at Punjab University, Chandigarh, the team bagged Bronze Medal.
- At National level, the college got Gold Medal in Karate held at Kurukshetra, Haryana.
- At State Level Competition held at Rohtak, students won Bronze Medal in Hockey and Gold Medal in Wushu held at Narvana.
- In Inter College competition held at Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra, Hockey team won Gold Medal.
- College hockey team won Gold Medal at District level competition at Dronacharya Stadium at Kurukshetra.
- In Mahakumbh Competitions at District level the hockey team bagged Silver Medal at Shahabad, Silver Medal in kho-kho at Kurukshetra stadium, Gold Medal in wrestling organized at Gurunanak Sr. School Kurukshetra, Gold and Silver Medal in Judo organized at stadium Kurukshetra.
- Sports Achievements: Year 2019-2020
- In the North Zone Inter- University at Punjabi University, Patiala the Hockey team won Bronze Medal.
- In State Level Wrestling Competition held at Hisar students won Bronze Medal and Gold Medal in Wushu held at Narnaul.
- In Inter College tournament at Kurukshetra University the college won 2 Gold Medals, 4 Silver Medal, and 5 Bronze Medal. At District level Tournament held at Kurukshetra Stadium the college won 7 Gold and 1 Silver Medal.
- Sports Achievements: Year 2020-2021
- In the session 2020-2021 the college won a Silver Medal in Long Jump and a Bronze Medals in 100 meter Race in District Open Competition, Kurukshetra.
- 8 students participated in State Level Open Competition and received a Silver Medal and 2 Bronze Medals in Hockey
- Sports Achievements: Year 2021-2022
- In session 2021-2022 one student of the college participated in Haryana State Athletics Championship and won Bronze Medal in 5000m race.
- In Inter-College Championship organized by Kurukshetra University one student won Gold Medal in Half Marathon and one student in Athletics.
- In Sansad Event organized by Kurukshetra Loksabha student won Silver Medal.
- 11 students of the college participated in Hockey Championship organized by Kurukshetra University and won silver medal.
PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED AND RESOURCES REQUIRED
- Some students have pre-conceived notion that they are not athletic and are not capable of playing games. Due to the modern lifestyle quite a few of the students suffer from obesity and do not want to join any sports.
- The students think that their complexion would tan if they take part in outdoor sports activities.
- The parents of the students are reluctant to send their daughters for the after college hour practices, and to distant places for tournament.
- The moderate fee structure does not allow any sort of exorbitant spending by the college. The college has to partly depend on the donations of the sponsors.
The college has a playground where the students are trained in various sports like Volleyball, Hockey, Badminton, Football, Kho-Kho, Wrestling, Cycling etc. with required articles and experienced and trained coach. For the overall development of students as well as to take care of their physical, mental and social well-being sports are must. We believe the true road to permanent success in any sphere is to make yourself a master in that sphere. Our motive is to maximize access, development, and excellence at all levels of participation in sports in order to improve social cohesion, nation building and the quality of life. The aim of sports is to address and discuss pertinent issues that relate to the growth, promotion, support and sustenance of sports in the province. Our mission is to develop student athletes compete at the championship level in every sport at District level, State level and National level.